The Space Between My Peers: Shop Your Closet

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Shop Your Closet

Here in the Great Northwest, winter is far from over. I will be wearing wool sweaters until at least the official first day of Spring. Back when this was a baby blog, I described the formula I use to calculate the number of sweaters I need. But, even if I have enough, about this time of year I start to get tired of them.

So, for the past several days, I have been seeking new combinations. Yes, I know, I shouldn't have any that I haven't already discovered; after all, I did recommend that we all style in each new item when it enters our wardrobe. But, I have either been too lazy or (should I offer you the opportunity to vote?) spending too much time blogging.

Enter closet shopping. Even if you don't have any new items, you may have combinations you have never tried. Because of the warmth afforded by extra layers, late winter is the perfect time for this project.

Wonder what I have been finding?


  • Spring and summer t-shirts to wear under winter sweaters for a flash of color at the neckline.
  • Sweaters that will fit under a tailored jacket.
  • Sweaters and jackets that can be topped with a belt.

  • Silk, cashmere, and cotton tops that can be layered three deep.

As an example, an uncommon color combo I wore yesterday: light taupe crewneck tee ( my hair color), topped by dark brown longsleeve thermal knit (my eye color), plus light blue cashmere cardigan (the complement of my light orange skin) with silver + crystal buttons (again, my haircolor). It works for me.


Results may vary. Some restrictions apply. See your closet for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page