Of course, if you reside in the southern hemisphere, you would now be working with what we call "transition" (the change from summer to fall), I think, but my calendar announces the coming Monday as the first day of spring. Here in the mountains of the Great Northwest, where we actually experience four distinct seasons, I change my wardrobe over according to the calendar.
What I will be doing, I hope this Sunday:
- Putting away my wool sweaters. I will probably keep anything pastel and cashmere handy.
- Spring colors will move forward in my closet; charcoal grey and aubergine will move back.
- Biffing a few items. Some things are not in good enough condition to store for next year.
- Making sure I have enough socks. For spring everyday socks I prefer knee-high cotton, at least three pairs to match each pair of pants, and I love argyle!
- Identifying a few outfits to wear to church.
Closet organizing advice is everywhere. If you need it, find it and use it. My point is: pick a day and do it.