The Space Between My Peers: The Sweet, Sweet Smell of Sneakers

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Sweet, Sweet Smell of Sneakers

You may have noticed, if you visited my recent home tour, that my closet is rather small. Small, but it's all mine. Consequently, I have no one but myself to blame for the fact that, until recently anyway, the aroma bore close resemblance to a boy's locker room.

I've tried baking soda. I've tried dryer sheets. I've even tried car air fresheners. What works: I stuff my shoes with dryer sheets, plus a magic ingredient. Each dryer sheet has a drop or two of lavender essential oil added.

Lavender is also supposed to repel moths. Beats moth balls!

Oh yes, that's right ... it Works For Me!

3 Comments:

Blogger TJ said...

It makes the moths sleepy...very, very sleepy...relax little moth! Go to your "Happy Place".....
:-D

2:50 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Hey, that's a good idea! Are you going to make it your Wednesday What Works for Me post?

4:17 AM  
Blogger amelia said...

Oh the smell of hubby's running shoes! Thanks for the tip!!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page