The Space Between My Peers: A Timeless Transitional Template

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Timeless Transitional Template

Here in the mountains of the Great Northwest, Fall is a lamentably short season. Beautiful, but only about six weeks. Hardly deserving of an entire wardrobe of its own; nonetheless it's a time of year when most of us want something new, fresh, and exciting.

Throw in a daily temperature span of about 40 degrees and the only sensible thing to do is layer. True, layering is a big look this fall, but allow me to propose a perennial wardrobe template for managing the transition from summer to winter:

new jeans + summer top + winter layering piece (jacket, sweater, etc)

See a poor picture of this concept at my previous post Wardrobe Planning: The Four Seasons.

In my mind, it works for me. Now I just need to get my clothes out of the freezer and try it out.

Find more great Works For Me tips at Shannon's blog.


Blogger Beck said...

Yeah, we have short falls here too - but it still needs it's own wardrobe, because the weather is different than the rest of the year! Great suggestion.
I love your website, by the way - I'm very clueless about shopping and I'm picking up lots of helpful ideas from your posts - thanks!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Ah, I miss having the seasons and fall and everything. What fun!!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your "poor picture" (I thought it was good, just a little dark) of you in the jeans/top/blazer. And that necklace really popped-up the whole outfit and made it look very up-to-date and FUN!

~Jody (who needs a new blazer for fall/winter)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible
Include this form on your page