The Space Between My Peers: A Timeless Transitional Template

The Space Between My Peers

From the bottom of the fashion food chain ...

Name:
Location: The Great Northwest

I'm a home-schooling, bible-believing SAHM with an annual clothing budget of about $500 American. The Space Between My Peers reveals my secret passion: analysis of the art and science of what to wear.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Timeless Transitional Template

Here in the mountains of the Great Northwest, Fall is a lamentably short season. Beautiful, but only about six weeks. Hardly deserving of an entire wardrobe of its own; nonetheless it's a time of year when most of us want something new, fresh, and exciting.

Throw in a daily temperature span of about 40 degrees and the only sensible thing to do is layer. True, layering is a big look this fall, but allow me to propose a perennial wardrobe template for managing the transition from summer to winter:

new jeans + summer top + winter layering piece (jacket, sweater, etc)

See a poor picture of this concept at my previous post Wardrobe Planning: The Four Seasons.

In my mind, it works for me. Now I just need to get my clothes out of the freezer and try it out.

Find more great Works For Me tips at Shannon's blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

Yeah, we have short falls here too - but it still needs it's own wardrobe, because the weather is different than the rest of the year! Great suggestion.
I love your website, by the way - I'm very clueless about shopping and I'm picking up lots of helpful ideas from your posts - thanks!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Ah, I miss having the seasons and fall and everything. What fun!!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your "poor picture" (I thought it was good, just a little dark) of you in the jeans/top/blazer. And that necklace really popped-up the whole outfit and made it look very up-to-date and FUN!

~Jody (who needs a new blazer for fall/winter)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page